Roleplaying games with a Modified Canon are those that do not adhere exactly to the environment of the books. Many of these games even extrapolate based on the books to decide how to deal with specific situations that the books have not yet addressed. Some of these games are so far from the book canon that they are barely recognizable as warriors outside of the core concepts. The sub-categories listed below are intended to help define some of the details of the game in question.
Sub Categories Edit
Alternate History Edit
- The books have been used to establish the world itself, but the history of the books is ignored and replaced.
Alternate Clans Edit
- The original 4 clans (ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, ShadowClan) have been replaced with clans of the founders own creation.
Additional Clans Edit
- The original 4 clans (ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, ShadowClan) have been supplemented with new clans or other formal groups invented by the game founders.
Alternate Territories Edit
- The territories of the books (Forest, Lake) have been replaced with territory descriptions and maps of the founders creation.
Alternate Location Edit
- The territories of the books (Forest, Lake), or original alternate territories, are not located in either of the places selected by Erin Hunter (England, Magic Island) and are instead located in another specific location.
Alternate Code Edit
- The code has been modified in some way. This might include creating a poem version of the SotC tenets or changing the list to better suit a specific take on the Warriors world.