- "Thank you, Hawkstar. But I have my own fate...StarClan let me live, but I chose...chose...to go with them."
- ―Applemoon's last words after her warrior ceremony.
Applemoon is a dark brown she-cat with amber eyes.
- Applekit, along with her siblings, Timberkit and Frostkit, were born to Crescentmoon (Starwatcher at the time) and Faithtear. Crescentmoon had been forced to mate with Faithtear, a medicine cat, when the spirit of her father, Longclaw, possessed her. Soon after they were born, Crescentmoon's real mate, Wildfire, agreed to take care of them. Larkpaw, a medicine cat apprentice, fed Wildfire borage leaves so she would produce milk, and the three kits grew up thinking that Wildfire was their real mother.
- As an apprentice, Applepaw was known for her rambunctious nature, the exact opposite of her sister, Frostpaw. Thistlefur was at first reluctant to train such a lively cat, but Applepaw proved to be an eager learner, and she zipped by in her training. Even when Crescentmoon and Wildfire eventually told Applepaw and her siblings who their real mother was on the night that Faithtear was killed, the young apprentice wasn't downstruck and continued her training as energetic as before. The only time she stopped her training was when her brother, Timberpaw, was killed by some rogues, and Thistlefur had to drag her away from his body so that the elders could bury him. Around the time that she was ready to become a warrior, the Great Rogue Battle took place. She fought well in the battle, but received a fatal wound on her throat.
- Despite her wound, the spirits of StarClan and SageClan agreed that a cat like Applepaw deserved to be made a warrior, so they gave her a blessing that made the wound invisible and let her live. This wore off just after she received her warrior name, Applemoon, and her sister Frostpaw became Frostwind. Applemoon told the other cats what happened, StarClan released the spell, and she fell to the ground, dead. The medicine cats didn't even have time to grab their herbs; Applemoon died instantly. Being a popular cat, her Clan grieved for her for many moons, and some, like Crescentmoon, Wildfire, and Frostwind, still grieve for her.
- Like most young Clan cats that die, Applemoon chose to join SageClan instead of StarClan. Applemoon knew that she wanted to be with her real mother Faithtear and her brother Timberstone, who were also in SageClan. However, when LoneClan moved their territory far away from LakeClan's and SageClan chose to follow them, Applemoon was forced to say goodbye to her remaining family in LakeClan, for she could no longer constantly watch over them. Applemoon and the rest of SageClan now reside in different skies, but the young warrior still visits the dreams of the LakeClan warriors occasionally, and she will forever be with her mother and brother in the skies.